Hello everyone!!! Get ready for a long post haha. Some of you may have noticed that I didn't post at all this weekend like I usually do, and that's because I work every weekend now. So with that being said, I've decided that I'll probably have to stop attempting to post every Thursday and Sunday like before, and go back to posting sporadically whenever I have the time. Also, this past weekend I almost wanted to delete this blog because... I don't know... I have moments where I feel directionless and don't know why I keep posting, but anyway, hopefully that's a phase! It's not that I don't have things to blog about (I've actually got a whole backlog of projects that I never posted) but I'm still considering whether I really like being on the computer so much or whether I'd rather just do without and spend my time on other things. We shall see...
Anyway, on a totally unrelated note, my blog got nominated for a Liebster Award. Okay actually I was nominated three times last month but I was too lazy to post about it. I think basically this "award" is a chance for bloggers to connect with each other. Well anyway, even though this whole thing seems quite time-consuming, I thought it was super sweet for those three bloggers to nominate me and I'd feel like a criminal for not passing on the love, so here goes.
Here are the "rules":
List 11 random facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions asked by the person that nominated you
Choose some blogs (that have 200 or fewer followers) to nominate - don't forget to tell them!
Make 11 questions for the people you are nominating
Link the blog of the person that nominated you in your post and thank them!
Whoever made this whole blog award thing really had a lot of time on their hands (as... do... I....) but since today is my day off and I'm at home feeling a little sick, I shall get this thing done. Since Smiley Clara was the first one to nominate me, I shall answer her questions. It's weird because I tried to visit her blog a few weeks later and it seems like she took her site down. In any case, thanks for tagging me... and also a big thank you to Lola (Life of a 20something year old) and Calita (Still In Process) for nominating me too!
So here are 11 facts about me. For those of you who know me personally, see how many of these you actually knew! =)
1. I love ice-cream, burgers, and Japanese food. These things I crave on a daily basis.
2. My favourite animated film is The Lion King and the movie soundtrack was the first musical CD I ever owned. Hakuna Matata is such a good motto. hahaha.
3. I love vintage - and not just the pseudo-vintage things that seem to be all "trendy" right now - but I've always been fascinated with things that are old and evoke memories from a bygone era. Maybe that's why I always love listening to stories from my grandparents' lives.
4. And on that note, I've always wanted to live a simple life in the countryside. I'm one of those people who can live without any form of TV, Internet, or technology. I grew up mostly without it and find life more complicated with it (ironically, I blog. But honestly I could give it up in an instant. Just this weekend I was contemplating deleting my entire digital existence). I know this makes me sound like an Amish hippie grandma but it's honestly how I feel and I'm just an old soul trying to survive in this modern society.
5. I love playing music but have the worst memory for song lyrics. I play all my music by ear and in doing so I think I've seriously lost the ability to read sheet music. Or I just refuse to do so.
6. I have three guitars (a Yamaha named Jelly, a Baby Taylor named Potato, and my first guitar - a bass guitar who actually still remains nameless).
7. I like turquoise jewelry. Or maybe I just like the colour turquoise.
8. I dream of visiting New Zealand if not solely for the Lord of the Rings tour.
9. I have a really big problem with procrastination. I have no problem doing things for work or for other people, but when it comes to doing things for myself, I always put it off as long as I can.
10. I have never gotten a manicure or pedicure in my life. Guys can survive without them, so can I.
11. I am an "ideas" person. I always have hundreds of ideas milling around in my head, but I rarely take the action to make those ideas a reality. I have many passions in life but that is also what often makes me unfocused - this is actually the main reason I started a blog in the first place - to try and make me "accountable" to keep creating and drawing. So all of you out there, you really need to keep encouraging me! hahaha...
11 questions from Smiley Clara:
1. Hey, how are you feeling today? I'm a little sick, but otherwise, I'm pretty good =)
2. What was the most inspiring thing you saw this morning? My face in the mirror. Seeing it inspired me to wash it. hahaha.
3. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would play you? Puumba from The Lion King. He's happy-go-lucky, is a big eater and lives a simple life. And he's in the greatest animated movie of all time.
4. And who would play your love interest(s)? Oh my goodness! Love interests PLURAL? Scandalous. But I definitely know the answer to this one. Mr. BEAN!!!!!!! Now imagine Mr. Bean and Puumba making out. (what!?!?!)
5. If you were a song, what song would you be? Probably "The Show" by Lenka or "Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae.
6. What would be your drag queen name? Wait... does this mean I'm dressing up as a guy?!?! Well, I suppose the male equivalent of Laura would be Lawrence... who is my brother. I suppose that's fitting since we used to share clothes when we were younger. HAHAHAHA.
7. What is the best present you've ever been given? Probably my engagement ring because of what it symbolizes. That or the baggy clothes from the boys department my mom used to buy me. Or the sacks of raw potatoes I have gotten from friends over the years who know I love potatoes. I'm not even joking about that one.
8. If you could be anything in the world, what would you be? I would be a professional doodler, traveling the world, leaving my mark and doodling on random things.
9. What was the most romantic moment in your life? HA!!! I don't think I'm a very romantic person... I never watch chick flicks... or create expectations of hugely inconvenient romantic gestures... but I must say my heart melted a little when my fiance proposed. HAHAHA. Just a little ;)
10. What would you do with a million dollars? My real answer is very practical so I'm going to go with my fictitious answer of "flying around the world to eat amazing foods from every country and buying all the ice-cream and burgers that my beastly stomach can consume."
11. What do you want people to know about you? The only time I'm SUPERRRR CRANKYYY is when I'm hungry so remember to always keep me well-fed.
And here are the 11 questions you must all answer. I tried to mix things up with some normal and then some not...so...normal... questions. Remember, for my WOULD YOU RATHER questions, the answer "neither" is not an option (moiwhahhaa... evil laughter):
1. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
2. Would you rather be forced to have a date with a human cannibal OR a person who thinks and acts like he/she is a rabid hyena?
3. What is your favourite quote?
4. If it was the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, what would be your weapon of choice?
5. What is your favourite colour?
6. Would you rather have to sleep a full night with a whole ceiling full of black tarantulas above you (they will not fall down or touch you... they're just "hanging out") OR put your feet in a bathtub full of wriggling worms for one minute?
7. What is your favourite dessert food?
8. Would you rather have one eye on your forehead (on top of the two you already have) or have a cluster of five eyes on your back?
9. Do you prefer silver or gold jewelry?
10. Would you rather have Telletubbies following you everywhere for a day or be locked in a room with Barney re-runs for three days?
11. What is your favourite post from my blog, Up in the Clouds? =)
If I didn't nominate you but would like to answer some of these questions for the fun of it, leave me your answers in a comment below! I'd love to know what you would do in the case of a zombie apocalypse!!! ;) My weapon of choice would probably be a sharp double-edged sword.